10 Great Reasons to Move to Canada Right Away
After the news of Donald J. Trump’s victory in the presidential election was confirmed, many Americans apparently considered moving to Canada. In fact, Canada’s citizenship and immigration website crashed as it was flooded with interest.
However, Trump certainly is not the only reason for people to move to Canada. With or without the win of the President, the number of immigrants in Canada remains high as always during the period from 2000 to 2017. Wondering why? Here are 10 reasons that make everyone want to hire an immigration lawyer in Toronto and move to Canada right away.
More than 250,000 people get Canadian citizenship status each year. In Toronto, Canada’s largest city, almost half of the residents are immigrants. There are also a significant number of immigrant communities in many other Canadian cities and towns. And since 41 of Canada’s 338 members of parliament were born overseas, you can rest assured that tolerance and multiculturalism are always promoted and protected.
The diversity of Canada’s population has helped to make Canadian residents welcoming to new arrivals. Furthermore, Canada immigration rules are not as rigorous when compared to other countries, therefore is much easier to qualify.
Canada spends more per capita on education than any industrialized nation. All young citizens have access to the best schooling available no matter what their background.
Having Canadian citizenship means you get to enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery on Earth, such as Niagara Falls in Ontario; Banff National Park in Alberta; Prince Edward Island; Quebec’s Laurentian Mountains; and the Capilano River area in British Columbia.
Free Basic Healthcare
If you are sick or injured in Canada, the good news is medical treatment is mostly free at the point of use.
Kindness is the culture. Canadians are known for being nice and polite, sometimes to the point that it’s considered unbelievable to some people.
- The country has a strong and stable economy, with lots of opportunities for skilled workers. Canada is expected to be among the strongest growing economies in the G-7 over this year and next.
- Canada’s banking system works. It is the most stable banking system in the world according to the World Economic Forum for the seventh consecutive year.
- Top personal tax bracket is 46% (combined federal and provincial). Top corporate tax rate of 38%. Small business tax rate of 16.5%.
Sound and safe
In 2014, the OECD Better Life Index awarded Canada an impressive 9.7 out of 10 for safety and security. High crime rate? All those mass shootings happened in the US, with 1,624 cases in only 1,870 days so far?265 million guns? Canada doesn’t have that.
Canada’s cuisine reflects the diversity of its population. A huge variety of international cuisine is available in the country. By the way, Canada’s traditional dish – poutine – is really worth a try!
You can play and/or watch ice hockey, basketball, baseball, football/soccer, golf, lacrosse, rugby, cricket, tennis, curling, swimming, volleyball, and snow skiing. Quite a lot, isn’t it?
- Comedians (Jim Carey, Mike Myers, Martin Short, Howie Mandel, Dan Aykroyd, Samantha Bee, Seth Rogan, Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara)
- Actors (Michael J. Fox, William Shatner, Pamela Anderson, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Keanu Reeves, Matthew Perry)
- Musicians (Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Bare Naked Ladies, Neil Young, Alanis Morissette, Gordon Lightfoot, Paul Anka, Rush)
are all Canadians.